One of the most inspiring people I know–Kayla Stierwalt, of course–has officially nominated me for the Liebster Award! This was amazing news to learn this week, and I couldn’t be more excited to complete a post in honor of this very special honor. Kayla and I have been friends since we were eight years old and complete dorks. On second thought, we’re 23 and 24 and still complete dorks. Her blog — Kayla’s Only Heart — is super incredible and I encourage you to check it out! Especially for someone who sticks by their writing and creative goals. It is so much fun to keep up with her through her writing, despite the fact that we live hours apart.
Anyway, this chica has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Which means–for some reason–she really likes my blog. So I have followed the instructions to post for this award, and the information for how to go about awarding bloggers with your own Liebster is at the bottom of the page! Remember that anything is possible, so keep the good karma rolling right along for people whose writing you enjoy!
My 11 facts about myself are:
- I had only been to two professional baseball games in my life before last summer. I went to 5 in 2013. And I’d like to attribute the Royals’ success to my presence.
- I’m currently eating Twix Gingerbread for breakfast. And I’m not ashamed.
- Zumba has pretty much taken over my life.
- My twin sister chose me as her MOH for her wedding in March. Not necessarily expected, but yeah I probably would have been bummed if she had chosen anyone else.
- I have always been deathly afraid of motorcycles. For almost no reason. Then my boyfriend bought me a helmet when he went to London and I had no choice. I’m still on the fence about my feelings towards them, but I do ride.
- I came home to photos of my sister’s fiance in my bed. I would have been confused, but she posted this teasing tweet about it. I’m scanning photos for their wedding video!
- On August 5th, it will have been 10 years since I met Hanson. My parents are amazing for having arranged that, and the concert that followed was amazing. (P.S. Erin and Kayla were also in attendance. Surprise!)
- I worked for several Broadway productions when I lived in New York. One of them was Rock of Ages. I have not only seen the show live, but I got to go on stage while a performance was ending to record a marriage proposal with the cast. Kayla, I wish only good things in your pursuit of seeing the show in NYC. Let me know when you’re making your official plans!
- DoubleTake Productions is the official photographer of the St. Pius X mens soccer, basketball, and golf teams. Also, Erin and I run that show.
- I have already had a mental breakdown today. And it’s only lunchtime.
- I just ordered new planner pages for this year. I haven’t used my planner in over 2 years, but it’s getting to that point where I have too many jobs and responsibilities not to plan it all out to a T. Yup. I’m one of those.
Now to answer Kayla’s 11 questions for her nominees…:
- My favorite musical has always been The Sound Of Music. No, not really a fan of this Carrie Underwood version. Julie Andrews all the way since day 1! As for what I’ve seen live, I’m going to be a bit cliche. I don’t have a favorite. I loved The Lion King, Wicked, and Thriller was surprisingly fun (Erin and I saw it the week after Michael Jackson passed in London. It was like a concert. Very surreal.). Mary Poppins was pretty good. I have always wanted to see The Book of Mormon. (You’d think that helping at the choreographer’s wedding would have gotten me an in. THAT was a very amazing experience, though!) Never, ever see War Horse.
- My favorite book to screen adaptation (at this moment) is probably The Perks of Being A Wallflower. Or Harry Potter. The very last one. Because Neville is mad gangster.
- If I could go to any concert this year, it would be Katy Perry’s Prism tour. For sure. Fingers crossed.
- I don’t enjoy pickup lines. But if I chose a favorite, it would be the accidental one that got me a boyfriend. The first thing he said to me was, “I wonder what this song is about?” all sarcastically at a Wallpaper. concert in Westport. Thing is, he didn’t know who was behind him and was just talking to talk to anyone. Lucky bastard.
- My blog doesn’t necessarily have one topic. It’s a little scattered, which might be why it’s not as popular. But I chose the title based on a Marilyn Monroe quote. Not because I revere her or really think much about her persona, but because what she said makes sense. “There’s so much to smile about.” End of story.
- This year, I might actually be spending my Valentine’s Day in colors other than black!!! It’s a Friday, and there is a free concert going on downtown so it looks like I’ll be headed there!
- My last vacation was to Chicago in July. I went to visit friends and had almost a week of fun! It wasn’t any type of relaxation, often trekking around with my luggage, but it was awesome.
- If I were to host a party this upcoming weekend, it would be Super Bowl themed. I got to this post late, so it wouldn’t happen this weekend, but next weekend. Plus, maybe I’d tell people to wear outfits for different teams and not to tell each other who we are rooting for. Then I can have everyone guess who wants which team to win, and whoever gets the most answers right gets a prize. Because I’m weird.
- The biggest risk I have taken for potential gain or success was moving to New York for a poorly paid (almost unpaid) internship. It turned into a full time job with intern-like pay. It took a lot of guts to do it. It’s been a couple years since I took a big risk, so perhaps I need to get on that.
- My mom has given me the greatest encouragement in my writing. Because she likes all of my posts. Also, The Walt Disney Corporation sent me a very beautiful rejection letter when I submitted the first scene of my proposal for Pirates Of The Caribbean 2. (P.S. My idea was better.)
- Then she asks what book or movie character I would fancy for a Valentine’s Day date. You know what? WHAT THE HECK?! I’d probably go with Flynn Rider (AKA Eugene Fitzherbert) from Tangled. FINALLY Disney made a semi-attractive cartoon character. I love his nose (and the fact that it’s a thing in the movie is HILARIOUS). Plus he has a great singing voice, and the guy who does his voice AND singing isn’t too shabby either (I’m looking at you, Zachary Levi!). That’s about it.
FINALLY! It’s time to let you all know who I am nominating for this fun award! I would give you explanations for why I am choosing these people, but I think it’s obvious once you check out their blogs and click around. Thanks for the inspiration, wonderful people!
Here are the rules I’m following for this Liebster post:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
6. Create a list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste them from here.
Once you have written your post, and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (They might not have ever heard of it!). I would like to add that you can nominate someone who already has been given this award. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them! The benefit is that you get from doing this is that you get some promotion, too!
My 11 Questions for my nominees!
1. What has been the best live music experience you ever had?
2. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
3. What do you think is underappreciated in this world? Rant about it.
4. Take a photo of anything. Right now. Where you sit. What was it? Share it with us.
5. What is the best movie you’ve seen recently? (None of this “I don’t watch movies” bullshit.)
6. Favorite wintertime hot beverage? (Don’t discount alcoholic beverages!)
7. What’s the best song you’ve heard recently? Why?
8. Which Disney character would you name your child after? Substantiate your claim.
9. Where would you like to plan your next vacation?
10. Childhood Hollywood crush. Go.
11. What’s your favorite flavor of Oreo?