17. I don’t know how to handle stressful situations. So I tell awkward jokes. Or I’m just awkward. Really, I think my job is to make people laugh no matter what’s going on. So… inappropriate humor. That is all.
18. In high school, a really terrible person called me “King Kong” because I was “fat and hairy”. My sophomore year of college, my sister got me a framed vintage cartoon of King Kong as part of my birthday gift. My boyfriend saw it on a shelf in my room recently and told me how much he loves it. Yup. Full circle.
P.S. this is me in high school. I was not fat or hairy. I did a “Selfie” collage for an article that never went to post on another site. Which is a discussion for another day.
19. I was a nerdy cheerleader in high school. I was in every club. That carried over to over-involvement in campus clubs and activities in college. I like to work at everything. All the time.
20. I often associate people with the animals they look like. My friend Nick has always been a gecko. I discovered in college that I am a meerkat.
21. I co-own a production company with my twin sister. It’s called DoubleTake Productions. You guys get to see all of our fun projects now, but we have been camera fiends since a very young age. That’s the stuff that will be released on my E! True Hollywood Story one day.
22. I recently purchased a hula hoop. Because I had wanted one for years, ever since my parents accidentally ran over my Hunchback of Notre Dame one. Yes, I use it. And yes, it is filled with water.
23. In middle school, I sent out letters to dozens of celebrities politely requesting autographs. One celebrity sent back. Mya. Not only did she send one for me, but she sent one for the twin sister that I mentioned in my letter. And it was two different photographs. I just think that’s pretty cool. And my parents are pretty cool for footing the postage.
24. I really love to scrapbook. I just don’t own enough page protectors. So, my scrapbooks sit in stacks of finished, organized paper in my closet. Whoops!
25. When I went to Vegas the summer after I turned 21, we went into New York, New York. I bought a 64oz mango margarita in a giant microphone thermos that had a strap on it so I could carry it around. Erin took my photo in front of all of the “sights” and told me I was going to move to the real New York one day. About 5 months later, I did.
26. It is widely believed that I am psychic. Actually, my crazy former roommate thought I was. She had some really good points. And I also made predictions that I truly just made up to humor her. But a lot of the time, they happened. So I think someone should buy me some tarot cards and I can get my real profession going.
27. I own way too many animal print pieces of clothing. And every time I go through my stuff to give things away, I struggle over if I should hold on a little longer to my “wild side”. Who am I kidding? My wild side never existed.
28. The last class I ever took in college was a 9 day course at Sundance Film Festival. No, that’s not a joke. I got 3 credits in 9 days with very little class time, lots of movie watching, and celebrity spotting. I live the charmed life.
29. I have always had an affinity for doing peoples’ hair and makeup. In college, I would trim my friends’ hair for free (because COLLEGE BUDGET!). I was the official makeup artist for the St. Pius X cheer squad 3+ years, and always hosted pre-dance makeovers in my room in college. Thinking back, I should have charged people.
30. In San Diego and in the midwest, I am sometimes told I am too harsh. I used to get asked if I was from the east coast. When I moved to NYC, I was told all the time that I was the nicest person a lot of people knew. Even though I was just as tough there. So that kind of gives you a perspective. But really, I probably am too nice.
Take that as you may.